The Savor Project was my version of Project Life. I had an old Project 365 set left over from 2009 and decided it would be fun to do mini scrapbook pages and use it to tell our stories. I figured it would allow me to savor each of my moments that much more.
And it totally did.
As I look back on the project, here’s what I loved:
- Doing the mini-scrappy pages instead of full-pocket photos
- Telling the stories and not worrying about having enough or too much one week
- Not using any dates anywhere
- Including photos of my art
- Not worrying about all the details, and just focusing on telling the stories
- Getting to add ephemera
And here’s what I didn’t like so much:
- The 12×24 layout is really hard to photograph for my lens
- I really disliked having more than one album for the year and how bulky it got
So as I plan 2013, I know I want to continue this project because there was so much I did love about it and it feeds my scrappy soul without the larger commitment. To make up for the parts I didn’t like, I have some other plans. I don’t know if they will work but the only way I’ll know is by experimenting so here we go.
We’ll see if it works!