- I read: I’ve been doing a good job abandoning books, I’ve abandoned two this week. I’ve also checked out like 17 new ones so that’s not great but it’s ok, I’ve been pacing myself and I’ll read as much as I can but slowly. I’ve also been reading Facebook a bit more than I’d like lately. I usually don’t spend any time on Facebook but I’ve been doing so to connect with some of my Life Restoration friends and when there, it’s easy to do other things, too. So I will just stop doing that because it doesn’t nourish me at all.
- I learned: I did start taking a few of the Brave Girls University classes this week. I also went back and reviewed parts of other classes I’d already taken.
- I watched: I started and finished watching Thirteen Reasons Why this week. I had read the book years ago but remembered only bits and pieces. The show was slightly different and vastly different at parts but it honored the essence of the book, in my opinion. It was really sad and scary and made me sad for days.
- Exercise: I haven’t taken any walks or exercised. We went hiking on Saturday and that was lovely but otherwise, I’ve still been phoning it in on this item. My friend Kimmie sent me an awesome site and I might actually see if I can give one of them a try.
- Food: I thought about food a bunch this week and decided that instead of worrying about subtracting things from my diet, I will add lots and lots of vegetables to it and see if that changes things. I’ve ordered snap peas, green beans, broccoli and golden beets this week from our CSA. And a lot of the awesome lettuce they have that I love.
- All the others: still doing ok on all other things. Though I’d like to drink more water. I’ve cut the soda down to 1 a day at most but i still drink a lot of coffee and tea and not nearly enough water.
- I rested: Still feeling tired. It was great to go hiking. But I was up until 2:30am on Friday watching the show so that didn’t help at all.
- I connected: I spent a wonderful, amazing, lovely breakfast with a new friend last week, I am so happy to have done that and I hope I get to do a few more of these.
- I journaled: I finished my shine cards but didn’t do any other journaling this week unfortunately. Not sure what’s going on here. Not sure why this is so hard for me. Maybe I need to go back to having prompts. Or taking a class. I feel so impatient when I journal now.
- I made art: I made some more painted rocks and I’ve also got an idea for my July project. Let’s see if I can pull it off.
I haven’t scheduled the times I’ve told myself that I would and I hope to do that this week. I also realized how much I liked the hiking and asked Jake if we could make that a regular thing (I need to buy sneakers!) If I could just figure out a way to make a routine out of some of these things I’d feel so much better.
Nourish Me Week 2017 is a year-long project for 2017. You can read more about my projects for 2017 here.