This week started with the boys going back to school and me getting sick. I woke up congested and shivering. I made it through Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday I knew that I had to take some time off so I rested most of the rest of the week. so much for getting back on track. Even despite the sickness, I did make some progress this week, just not as much as I had hoped to.
I am learning to give myself grace. Learning to remember that things take time and that each day is a new opportunity to get just a bit closer to the life I want to live but also that it’s only one day and i can try all over again the next day. Just trying to be patient with myself.
In the spirit of keeping tabs on my priorities and goals weekly, here’s some of what worked and didn’t work this week so far:
- I did multiple days with at least 10K steps this week.
- I ate healthier and drank water almost every day this week.
- I helped finalize the mother-son book club we’re starting for 4th grade boys.
- I had a wonderful, long chat with David on Friday night and spent a lovely breakfast with Nathaniel on Saturday morning.
- I journaled almost every day.
- I hosted and advised David and two of his friends for their tech challenge scientific journal
- I set up a vacation for Jake and me for this upcoming weekend.
- I am trying to see if I can make a plan for April.
Needs more Work:
- I’ve been sick .
- Still feeling disorganized and not-grounded. I’m making progress on this but it’s one of those things where I take two steps forward and then three back and then five forward and it’s just going to take a bit of time to get it right.
- I’m still wishing i ate more veggies, drank more water, and exercised more.
Here are a few more photos from the last week:
I didn’t take any photos during the week this week. This year, in general, has been low on photos so far. Nathaniel and I went to the local Cafe on Saturday morning at 6am when they were only serving coffee. It was just us two at the cafe.
We did some workbooks.
And some math and telling time. people started to trickle in and they started serving food so we got some.
and i tried to take photos.
i wanted some serious ones but he was busy being his silly self.
and made both of us laugh.
today we took some family photos.
my boys have been growing up so quickly.
that i know i will cherish these silly faces.
and i will be so glad i took these photos.
not to mention all the laughter.
they really love the silly faces the best.
though today nathaniel decided to add a shruggie to the mix.
which David decided was an excellent idea.
and here we are. Another full week. I am so grateful for my life.
Weekly Diary is a project for 2015. You can read more about it here.