Weekly Intention: This week has a lot of work trips. Three of the five days, I will be going to work. I need to come up with a plan for journaling and exercise to ensure that I don’t stay off the schedule now that I am back in town. I also need to make sure to get some extra rest to make up for the jet lag I feel. I have one week of full, crazy work and then next week is Winter Break which will be a mix of work and vacation so I really need to use this week to get back into my routine or it will just be easy to completely fall off. My plan is to get a bunch of work done and then to sit with my kids and be intentional about how we plan to spend our time this year.
This month’s intention is: Shine from the Outside In: It might seem counter-intuitive but sometimes it helps to start with the outside. Take care of your body, your skin, your teeth. Dress in a way that makes you feel good. Show up and look the part. I haven’t been focusing on this at all. I would love to buy some clothes but honestly I don’t have the energy at the moment so I’d like to think smaller maybe. Like makeup I can buy/wear. Maybe that can be my focus this week.
Ways to Shine this week:
- One: Bold: I have a bunch of new work events and goals this week. They will require me to be bold.
- Two: Open: I have a lunch with David’s school’s president tomorrow. And then movies with a lot of women. Both will require being open. (and bold to be honest.)
- Three: Heal/Nourish: I’d like to go back to longer journaling. And of course back to 7minute. I also would like to sleep as much as possible this week. Back to eating fresh only.
I am looking forward to: seeing a lot of friends tomorrow.
This week’s challenges: jet lag. a lot of trips to work and late nights.
- Work: create the 3 other sheets i would like. do round two. ask for what i need.
- Personal: journaling. exercise. sleep. recover.
- Family: find a better equilibrium/plan at home. with kids. with free time.
I will focus on my core desires (bold, mindful, nourish, love) by: trying to back to some sort of routine this week. even if just for a week.
This week, I will say yes to: asking the hard/uncomfortable questions.
This week, I will say no to: anything but being me. i am going to show up as me. do my best and be present.
I am worried that: work won’t get done. i will continue to be exhausted and jet lagged. lunch will not be worth it. movies will feel disastrous. i will never catch up at work. i won’t exercise. i won’t journal. i won’t book LA or what I want for spring break. i will be impatient with my kids.
This week, I want to remember: that it’s ok to take things one at a time. that it will all work out because things always do eventually.